This Saturday we went out to Utah Lake to shoot Chris' gun for the first time. We took some Coke bottles to shoot at, and he set them up at approximately 50, 75, and 100 yards. It turns out that the people at Sportsman's Warehouse actually know what they're doing when they tell you they'll bore sight your gun. As far as we could tell it was pretty on target and Chris hit 3 out of the 5 bottles on the first shot (including the bottle at 100 yards).


It was pretty exciting and we've already made plans to go shooting again this coming weekend with our friends Jason & Shelly.
The lake is really beautiful in the winter when it is frozen over and covered with snow. On our way back around the lake we stopped to walk on the ice. We also discovered a Christmas tree made of stones and several holes where people have been ice fishing.


It was a gorgeous day and we loved playing outside!
Brr! Snow and ice sound very cold--it looks beautiful though. But even I (with absolutely zero gun knowledge) must admit that's pretty cool that Chris can hit something that small 100 yards away.
ReplyDeleteDoes the gun have a name yet? P.S. I finally decided that I will brave the long drive with Kaden.
ReplyDeleteHey! Notice that on your list of blogs on the side it goes like this:
ReplyDelete-Married couple
-Me, all by myself
-Married
-Married
-Married
-etc.
Haha, glad to be invited to the blog and I look forward to keeping updated about you guys!
Jason and I are so jealous! We want to go shooting too! ;)
ReplyDelete