Friday, January 2, 2009

Elf Party

It has become a tradition for the former residents of "Motel 10" (my old apartment as it has been lovingly nicknamed) to gather during the Christmas season to watch the movie Elf and make gingerbread houses. The first year, we actually made the spaghetti with syrup, pop tarts, sprinkles, other candy, etc. like Buddy makes in the movie.



It wasn't very good, so we abandoned that part of the tradition. This year we had so much fun making the gingerbread houses that we almost forgot to watch the movie. Chris and I aren't very artistic so our gingerbread house turned into more of a mobile home/white-trash gingerbread house.



Emily & Eric and Scott & Marcelle all had much nicer, more traditional-looking gingerbread houses.




We really missed having our Kellifer here!

4 comments:

  1. BANJO PANTS AND CHRISTOPHER...(i'll let you fill in the next part. I'm not sure if you want ppl knowing your REAL middle name or not) hehe. I miss y'all bad and Im so proud of your gingerbread houses. Ours are always ghetto-fied too. They're better that way. Lets do something fun soon ok?! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really missed being there too!!! And I know Jessi did, too :). Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I'm muy muy excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!! Get ready for some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you used graham crackers instead of real gingerbread...slackers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Syrup. And candy covered homes. Don't get me wrong, I like our new place, but it's certainly not covered with gum drops and frosting...sad.

    ReplyDelete