Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend Feast!

For Easter weekend this year Spencer (Chris' brother) came down to visit and to go to General Conference.  He brought his super-cute girlfriend Corynn with him, and we had a blast!  There was both physical and spiritual feasting involved.
They got into town late Thursday night, so we slept in a little Friday morning and had a leisurely breakfast.  After that we went shooting out at Utah Lake and had so much fun blowing stuff up!  We shot my old iPod, a stuffed animal, clay pigeons, boxes, shoes, targets, bottles, etc. 
 Pretty much anything we could find.  Friday night Chris and I worked our regular shift at the Temple and Spencer & Corynn hung out with some of her friends from home.  When they got home we had pizza and watched Stick It, which is actually one of our favorite movies! hahaha!  Seriously, so funny!
Saturday we headed up to Salt Lake for General Conference.  Spencer & Corynne had tickets to the morning session, so they went into the Conference Center and Chris and I met up with Dan, a friend from Washington, and his girlfriend to watch conference from the Tabernacle.  We all met afterwards for some lunch, and then Spencer, Corynn, Chris & I went back to the conference center for the afternoon session.  It was so awesome to be able to be in the room with the Prophet and to feel the Spirit there. Before heading home, we walked around Temple Square to see the sights and take some pictures.  Then, after the Priesthood session and because no Utah experience is complete without it, we went to Betos (now Rancheritos) for burritos!
Easter Sunday we slept in a bit, made some breakfast and watched Conference in pajamas! Between sessions Spencer and Corynn packed up their stuff and we had our Easter feast of brisket, potato salad, and rolls with Creamery ice cream for dessert.  It was delicious!  Naturally I didn't take many pictures, and the only one I took of all of us was on Sunday, in our sweats, right before they left. 
As soon as we were done eating, Spencer & Corynn had to head back to WSU so she could be back for a test on Monday.  After the afternoon session, Chris and I headed up to West Jordan to have another big Easter meal with our family up there.  It's so fun to get together with family for holidays!
 Many pounds heavier and much much sleepier, we ended our weekend by playing games with Chad and helping him pack up his stuff to move out.  He's off to Virginia to do alarm installation for the summer with a quick stop in Texas on the way.  So, now we are empty-nesters again.  It's nice, but also kinda strange.  Is this how parents feel when all their kids leave?  Anybody visiting Provo and need a place to stay?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see that there were no casualties shooting this time! Except for your ipod-sad. That's not the one that Grandma "H" gave you, is it?! :)

    And conference weekend would not be complete without Beto's!! I swear there are a few *actual* Beto's left, aren't there?

    I may need to come down soon and help fill your empty-nester void...because I miss you guys!! Lots. We need to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shooting things, a great repast. I have a friend who likes to shoot random things and has decided, along with his brother, to start a website called "will this save your life". Sounds like you had a lovely conference weekend. Unfortunately, I'm not heading west, but east, like into an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, east.

    ReplyDelete