Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Me & Yoga...

...we have a love/hate relationship.

A year or two ago, I was going to at least one yoga class a week at our local gym.  I loved the class, the instructor, the fact that I was getting more flexible, and the way it helped me relax and lose so much of the tension in my body.  Then I stopped going (don't ask me why, cause I don't know).  Shortly thereafter we canceled our membership at said gym, so that even if I wanted to I couldn't go to yoga.  But some part of me kinda missed yoga, so I found a yoga exercise program on t.v.  It wasn't the same, and I hated it.  I could only handle doing it a couple of times before I gave up and quit yoga.

Now, we've started going to a different gym and they have a yoga class.  After a few months of putting it off, I finally went last night.  It was intimidating and hard.  Has anyone else ever tried yoga?  Balance and strength are very important.  I have neither of those things!  The instructor wasn't my favorite and it was faster paced and less relaxing than the class I went to before.  I went home sore and tired and collapsed on the floor cursing yoga, determined not to go back.  This morning though, I feel pretty good.  Maybe I'll give yoga another shot.  Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

If you need me next Monday night, I'll be at yoga.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try yoga. I hope your relationship improves!

    ReplyDelete