Monday, April 26, 2010

Green Thumb

Spring weather is finally here in Utah and we've been loving the sunshine so far.  It's inspired us to get outside and do yard work, BBQ, take walks, etc.  I even decided to try my hand at growing some flowers!  Chris and I have a joke that I'm not allowed to touch any plants or flowers that I get because I have a black thumb.  I'm not sure what it is, but when Chris gets me flowers, they tend to die really quickly if I try to take care of them.  If I don't, or if Chris takes care of them, they seem to last much longer!  I don't get it! 
Anyways, this Spring I have been enjoying seeing other people's flowers so much that I begged Chris to let me try growing some of my own.  I am happy to report that I have had the flowers for over a week and they are still growing and blooming!  Hooray!  I have these by our front door...
And these, are on our coffee table in our family room...
They make me smile every day when I see them and they definitely make it feel more Spring-y around here!  The tulips hadn't even started blooming when I brought them home.  They've blossomed really quickly.  I don't wanna jinx myself, but maybe my black thumb is fading to green??

5 comments:

  1. They look beautiful. I really want tulips in my yard now. Too bad it's getting too hot here. Way to go. A week and still living!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants look really nice! I haven't planted a single flower in my yard and I've lived in my house for 3 years. I suck. However, somehow tulips come up every Spring. They must be hardy because I do nothing to encourage them. I always enjoy cutting some to put in my house though! Hope the thumb is turning green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your gardening skills are anything like Emily baking angel food cake, then you're in trouble...haha! JK, nice work on the gardening! I have yet to attempt real gardening, so you're a step ahead of me! We need to chat soon! I miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Good luck with keeping them alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and happy edition to your doorstep. What a great way to start your morning by walking out and seeing them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete