Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Copy Cats

A few weeks ago, we saw this super cute video that our cousin's fiancee posted about one Saturday afternoon.  This inspired us to try making something out of sugar cubes too!  After thinking about it for a while, we decided to make the Water Wall from downtown Houston.  I used to go there a lot when I was a kid and I took Chris to see it when he visited Houston for the first time.

Hindsight, that was a very ambitious project for our first try.  We made it too big so it took a LOT more sugar cubes than we were planning on buying.  We lost interest because it took so much longer than we thought too.  We didn't end up making all the cool parts we had planned on making like the arches out front or the stair-steps for the water to run down on the inside.  We did make the wall pretty tall though and then we made blue frosting to pour over it like water.  If we ever do it again, I think we'll make something smaller.  Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are awesome. I'm glad we're friends. I've never even looked for sugar cubes--baking aisle? horse supplies?
    It looks great by the way, I almost thought it was real. Will you eat this? (eww, I hope not...I really like sugar but I just don't know about such undiluted quantities)

    ReplyDelete