Monday, March 29, 2010

A Few Matters of Business

I have a few random things to blog about.  Nothing significant enough to warrant writing individual posts, but an eclectic hodgepodge of useless information to pass on to all 5 of my readers! :-)  Hahaha!

1. Spring Fling Update- 2 weekends ago (the day before the first day of Spring... nothin like a little procrastination!) I actually cleaned out all of the cupboards in the hall and threw a bunch of stuff away!  It was kinda liberating.  Then, with that as inspiration, we decided to tackle our storage unit.  We took everything out, brought home some boxes to go through, and then put back all the things that survived the cut.  While I didn't actually throw a lot of stuff away, we did decide to have a yard sale when the weather gets warmer.  I guess I only halfway passed the challenge.  I'm getting rid of more than 100 things, but they're not totally gone yet.  Anyone else try the challenge?  How did it go??

2. I spoke in church yesterday.  I've done it countless times, but I still get really nervous.  I didn't shake too badly and I didn't pass out, so I'll consider that a success!  On a side note, I've never seen our chapel and gym so full.  There were chairs set up all the way to the back of the gym.  However, the sound system wasn't working in the gym, so I take small comfort in the fact that although there were many many faces staring at me, only half of them could hear me! :-)

3. Ro! Cham! Beau! -   Not a necessary piece of information, but fun.  We did lots of house cleaning this weekend.  I made a list of all the jobs that needed to be done, and rather than argue over who did the jobs we both hate like moping the kitchen floor or cleaning the toilet, we decided to settle things the old fashioned way.  Rock-paper-scissors!  We actually use this method of dividing responsibilities all the time.  It works, and makes things a bit more fun.  You just can't argue with the results, especially when I'm on a winning streak and Chris had to clean both the toilet and the kitchen floor!

4. Last but not least, I got in a fight with a softball yesterday while Chris and I were playing catch.  The softball won.  I spent the rest of the evening with an icepack plastered to my mouth.  Thankfully I didn't lose or chip any teeth! Yay!  After about an hour of ice, Chris asked to see it.  Tears sprang to his eyes as he choked back laughter and without missing a beat said, "It kinda messes up your face."  (FYI - in case you don't know the story, that's what my mom said to me after I got a big cut on my chin in the Philippines.  She made me get plastic surgery to fix it.) Thanks mom!  :-)  And now for your viewing pleasure... I give you Exhibit A of why you should never use your face to stop a softball. 


This picture was taken about an hour after it happened, and I assure you, it looks much worse this morning.  I wish I could say you should see the other guy.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. At least he didn't knock your teeth out (softball is pretty dangerous!) Chris and I are going to go throw in a few and hopefully we come back with no injuries! :)

    ReplyDelete