Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brother Pratt

Today I heard the news that Brother Richard Pratt has passed away. He was an amazing member of our ward, and he taught the Strengthening Marriage & Family Sunday School class that Chris and I attended last year. He was 97 years old and was an inspiration to countless number of people. I do not doubt that he knew our Savior Jesus Christ very personally. He testified of Christ in all that he did. He wrote monthly memos to his family that he also shared with anyone who was interested. I added a link to his Memos blog under the "Blogs we Stalk" heading on this page. Anyone who reads these will no doubt be uplifted and feel the power of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Chris and I are very grateful not only for the example, testimony, and teachings of Brother Pratt, but also for the peaceful reassurance at times like these that the Gospel brings. How comforting to know that God has a plan for each of us and that death is not the end. We can be together with our families and loved ones again! How great is that?! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 97. Amazing. People like this really are amazing.

    ReplyDelete