Friday, September 24, 2010

Time Flies

Lately time has been going by SO fast!  We've been super busy which contributes to the craziness and keeps us on our toes.  Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:

~*Chris started school.  He's taking Calculus this semester which is a beast!  Math is not a strong subject for either of us, but he's really putting a lot of effort into learning and understanding the concepts.  I've been super proud of him.  This weekend is his first test so we'll see how it goes! 

~*We got a new tenant!  Chris' sister Kassie moved in with us last week.  We did not make her a 2 pound burger, but hopefully she still feels welcome!  :-) 

~*The yard sale 2 weekends ago went pretty well.  We didn't sell everything, but we did make some money and got rid of lots of stuff.  Everything that we didn't sell we took to D.I. (with the exception of the couches) so our storage was fairly empty.  Kassie got a bed for her room so it was nice having the space in the storage to put the futon and a few of the other things we've cleared out of her room.

~*Our little Mayzie is a bit mischievous.  First off, when Chris was out fixing something in the back yard he dropped a nail and we thought she swallowed it.  A few x-rays and lots of examined poop later, we never did find the nail.  Next, we had to put up a fence to block off the back of the house because Mayzie was sneaking through our neighbors dog door into their house.  Then this morning Chris had to take Mayzie to the vet because she threw up all her food yesterday.  The vet said she probably ate something that irritated her.  We haven't fed her anything different, so I'm pretty sure she's finding something nasty to get into.  Guess those are just some of the joys of owning a dog!  

~*We're down to just one softball team! Chris' city league team (made up mostly of guys from his work) is playing in the upper division of the tournament.  They won their first 2 games but then lost this past Wednesday.  It was only their first loss though and it's a double-elimination tournament.  Their next game is on Monday and if they win then they'll play again on Wednesday for the Championship.   

~*Because Chris is back in school his evenings are very busy with class, tutoring, review sessions, etc.  This means that I get to make dinner every night.  It has made me very thankful for the past 3 years when I had Chris around to cook or to at least help me cook dinner.  I'm not the best chef in the world, but with Kassie here to help me, we've managed to eat decent dinners every night. 

~*We have lots of loved ones, friends and family who are really sick or have major health problems.  We are praying for peace and a speedy recovery for all, and we have felt the Lord's love as we pray for each one. 

~*Football season is finally here!  Although BYU isn't doing all that great this year, we've had friends over to watch the last 2 games which softens the blow of the terrible losses.  In our house we love all football so we've managed to find other good games to watch and get excited about. 

~*Back-to-school and football season mean that summer has faded to fall.  While I'm not exactly excited about the coming of winter, I do love fall.  The leaves are changing on the trees and my commute to work is absolutely beautiful!

I think that's about it for now... Happy September!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You have been busy! Sounds like you are experiencing the joys of being a puppy owner. How funny that she was sneaking into the neighbor's house. I've been pretty bummed about BYU football so far this season. Fingers still crossed they can pull it together for some wins this season. Enjoy your new roomie and good luck with the cooking. The more you do it, the better you get. I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you've been busy! Thanks so much for the updates. Glad to hear life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a lot going on! It's so hard to having a hubby around in the evening, I know that. I'm also super lucky, like you, to have a hubby who cooks! It's amazing!

    Did y'all by a house? Do you have a real house?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time really does fly. I really enjoy reading your updates. We're cheering for you guys up here in AK! Kick Calculus' butt, Cook some rockin food, enjoy having family around, find patience with an adorable mischieveous pup, GO FIGHT WIN! But on a more serious and sincere note, our prayers are with you and you family/loved ones. God Bless! XOXO

    ReplyDelete