For those of you who know my husband and/or my brother, you know that meat and eating are 2 of their favorite things. Therefore, combining the two is practically heaven! Chris has been wanting to make Chad a 2-pound burger ever since he heard the story of Chad eating two 1-pound burgers last year. So as a welcome back celebration, Chris made Chad his 2-pound burger last Saturday. Chris mixed 2 pounds of deer and 2 pounds of beef and then divided it in half. One half was Chad's burger and the other half made four 1/2 pound burgers.
Here are pictures of the burger pre-cooking and on the grill cooking:
I have no idea where he put all this food, but here's Chad's burger:

Don't let the size of the bun fool you, we found the biggest rolls we could after looking in 3 different stores. We almost decided to use a whole loaf of artisan bread as the bun, but decided to cut Chad a break because it was a little too dense.
He looks happy here, but that's because he hasn't started eating yet.
Don't let the size of the bun fool you, we found the biggest rolls we could after looking in 3 different stores. We almost decided to use a whole loaf of artisan bread as the bun, but decided to cut Chad a break because it was a little too dense.
He looks happy here, but that's because he hasn't started eating yet.
Haha, that's awesome! If there was a "like" button on here like on Facebook, I would click it. I'm impressed with Chad's eating skills. He'd give MY brother a big challenge...my brother ate 27 pieces of pizza in one sitting...can Chad manage that?! ;)
ReplyDeleteWow, that was a massive burger. I don't even want to think about what something like that would do to my gi tract. I'm totally impressed. Yay for having your brother staying with you!
ReplyDeleteI wish you would have taken a picture of him unhinging his jaw to take a bite :)
ReplyDeletethat thing is HUGE! but Chris does make the best burgers. yumm.....
ReplyDeleteHooray! You have such a cute blog. I love the Fall layout. Also, that burger made me want to ralph. I'm not a big meat person. Don't get me wrong I love a good burger, but only 1/4 pound for me. :) I'm impressed that Chad ate the whole thing, but he is a hearty guy. How fun to have him staying with you for a while. I miss my family. I keep trying to convince my little sister to move up here, but so far it's just not happening. Anyway, I'll be sure to keep tabs on your blog!
ReplyDeleteHaha! You guys really know how to have a BBQ. I want to come eat at your house! :) Although, I probably would have to have one of the smaller burgers. Glad that ya'll are doing so well! You guys are so cute and I just love ya!
ReplyDeleteDang I miss yall!!!!! Real bad!
ReplyDeleteOh my Gosh! That is hillarious! Welcome back Chad! Let the parties begin! OH WAIT.. I don't live there anymore.:(
ReplyDelete