I saw this idea on one of my friend's blogs and thought it was a great idea!
The Spring Fling Challenge is to "fling" 100 things by the first day of Spring, March 21st. And by"fling" they mean that you will get rid of in any way - paperbackswap, ebay, craigslist, Salvation Army, trash, recyling - just something that gets it out of your apartment and out of your car. It has to be GONE not just out of the apartment and waiting to be taken away. Then as a Bonus Challenge, try not to replace the things that you've flung.
The idea is to clean out all the scary places where you cram the junk that life brings your way. I'm not very good at doing this year-round, so just before Spring is the perfect time for me. Then, when the world outside thaws you can let in the fresh air to a fresh, uncluttered house!
100 things seems a little ambitious for me, but I'll see what I can do. :-)
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i'll help! i'm good at throwing away your stuff!
ReplyDeleteHubby
wait, that sounds a little bit like organizing :)
ReplyDeletehahaha! Shhhh! Don't tell me that. I don't organize.
ReplyDeleteDude, 100 things? Cake. You totally got it. Start with your junk drawer. It will be awesome. I'm jealous. If you want, buy me a ticket and I'll bring Brooke and I'll help you. PARTY! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you.
When I first read the different places, I wasn't thinking of throwing stuff away..... (Glen)
ReplyDeleteHmmm...interesting idea. I moved into my place with items I was able to cram in my car. However, I've found I've started to accummulate since I've been here and I won't be able to get everything into the car again. This could be fun. I think we should keep categorical tallies of items discarded.
ReplyDelete