Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We're BAAAAACK!!

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! We just got back in town from our fantastic holiday with the Roundy gang (many updates, pictures, and funny stories forthcoming). We even got one extra day of vacation! Due to mechanical problems with our plane and heavy fog at the airport, our flight that was supposed to leave at 5:20 a.m. (so we could both be back in time for work) didn't leave until 1:30 p.m. It probably would've been even later except we hopped on a different flight going to Salt Lake. Our actual plane wasn't even fixed by the time we left. We beat our previous record of an 8 hour flight delay with yesterday's 8 hour and 10 minute flight delay! Wahoo!! (seriously people... fly with us if you want to experience long flight delays. What can I say, it's a gift!) At least Chris' parents only live 7 minutes from the airport so we got to go back there for a few hours making the wait much more comfortable. Thanks fam for an amazing week!

We had a great time, but I'm excited to be home. It was really nice to sleep in our own bed last night, and tonight I get to decorate the house for Christmas! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip, but bummer about the flight delay. It's so much harder to do a flight delay with kids though. Ick. Hope you have fun getting all decorated for Christmas! Hooray for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome HOME! To Utah! haha! Be there soon myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for trips and yay for coming home. I hope we get to cross paths while you're in TX. I want pics of your mad decorating skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that ya'll had a great time! Bummer for the delays but nice way to look a the positive. :) You are so cute! We sure hope all is going well with you guys! Are ya getting ready for Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the flight delay. Does cancelled flights/rescheduling count? If it does I have you beat. Glad you were able to spend time with family!

    ReplyDelete