Tuesday, November 3, 2009

There IS a holiday between Halloween and Christmas!

Sometimes we forget that there is a Holiday between Halloween and Christmas (I am most definitely included in that "we"). It's called Thanksgiving! Ever heard of it? :-)
Aside from the welcome days off of school and work and traveling to visit family, I'm not sure if I give enough forethought to Thanksgiving so I'm trying something new this year. I'm going to think of and list something that I'm thankful for each day of the month. The first 3 days have been easy so far, but I think I'm going to have to put more thought into it and be more specific in my list as the month passes.

Anyone have any other traditions/ways to celebrate Thanksgiving that help them remember the holiday better?

6 comments:

  1. ooohh, good idea! I think you should post your thankful thought on facebook every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I eat lots of jummy food to remember the holiday. You should try it. :)

    This is great, though. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thanksgiving!! It is my most favorite holiday. Good luck with your list. I've done that before, and they don't have to be deep and meaningful. For example, I'm thankful for shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post! It especially seems that it is forgotten in the stores. Thanksgiving is my FAVE holiday! Our fam eats the most amazing food, as I'm sure everyone does, and we all go around and say what we are thankful for. Pretty normal I think but it is wonderful! Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently my post wasn't good enough, it got deleted:)

    ReplyDelete