Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
~Elmer Davis


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Today my thankful thought is for the veterans and all members of the armed forces that have protected and still are protecting our country. I can't imagine what our lives would be like without your service, sacrifice, and bravery in defending and protecting our freedom. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. HI there!

    This is CHris Mack's mom! Fun to see your blog! HEY! I want to know how you guys know my UNCLE RICHARD PRATT? HE is my DAD'S oldest brother. Don't you just love his memo's! Written before his death! He is one of the most amazing men I KNOW! MY DAD is UP there too!

    HAVE a GREAT THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Vets Day. fun sidebar--so veteran's day is on the anniversary of the end of ww 1 (11/11/1918) AND it's the day my Grandpa Hanis was born. He would have been 91 yesterday. Craziness! Miss you. I think we overlap in Houston for about 4 days. I hope we get to play.

    ReplyDelete