Hooray Halloween is finally over! It's not my favorite holiday, and it seemed like it lasted forever this year! Now that it's over, we can officially move on to Thanksgiving and then Christmas! From now until the beginning of January is my favorite time of the year. I love the holidays, visiting family, decorating, eating delicious holiday treats, watching the leaves fall from the trees, and I don't even mind the snow as long as it's before Christmas! :-)
Here are a few things goin on in our house:
We're a little slow, but we're going to a Corn Maze tonight with our friends Bridger & Stacy. I've never been to one before so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping that it won't be as busy since it's after Halloween.
Chris' mom has been in town for the last few days so we've had fun playing and getting things done around the house. She has a great eye for decorating, so she's helped make a few decor changes that I really like. I think someday I'm just going to pay her to come decorate my whole house! hahaha! Thanks Mom! :-)
Along those same lines, we rearranged all of the furniture in our bedroom. We talked about it for a couple days and then just decided to go for it! It only took us 2 hours, but everything basically was just flipped. It still feels weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. This weekend we're going to re-hang all of the pictures and then we'll be done!
It's always an adventure at our house. Our water got shut off on Tuesday due to our landlord not paying the bill. She lives in Salt Lake but frequently travels internationally, and of course she's out of the country this week so we weren't able to get a hold of her by phone. Luckily she checks her e-mails regularly, so after Chris e-mailed her she was able to contact the utilities company, pay the open balance, and get our water turned back on within a few hours. It worked out well because we were planning on going out to dinner anyways!
I'm starting my 2nd annual list of things I'm thankful for today (I'll think of things for the previous 3 days of the month too so that I'm caught up). Last year's list ended up being like a mini journal and I wrote reasons for why I chose the thing/person I was grateful for that day. It's been fun to go back and read.
Something to brighten your day... Thanksgiving Day is exactly 3 weeks from today! Get Excited!! :-)
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Really? Only 3 more weeks until Thanksgiving?!? Crazy. I feel like my life is flashing before my eyes. :) I do love this time of year too. It just is a little more stressful than normal with the baby waiting game on.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys got to do some fun Fall stuff. I was glad Halloween was over too though. Isn't having family in town the best? Re-decorating is such a boost. Hope you are enjoying your newly changed up space!
Happy November indeed!! I LOVE the fall too...there's just something about the smell and feel of the air. =) Looks like you guys have been having a good time! Hope all is well...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you love November too! It's my favorite month, and Thanksgiving my favorite holiday! How many other holidays do we have that we can wish someone well and not offend them? Hooray for this time of year!
ReplyDeleteHooray! Thanksgiving is the best in my opinion. I'm so glad that you guys are doing well. Amy is such a wonderful lady. I'm glad that you have been able to have some time with her. She always had her house decorated beautiful. I love when I have the women in the fam come over and help me with decor because it is definately NOT one of my strong points. I bet your home looks amazing. Sure love you guys! XOXO
ReplyDeleteBTW, I tagged you. :)