Lately Chris has been trying to incorporate more artsy activities into our lives. (It helps that he prints the programs for a lot of the shows that happen at the Fine Arts Center on campus, so he knows what is there and can get deals on tickets.) I have really appreciated his efforts and we've seen some interesting things. A couple of weeks ago, we saw the Cashore Marionettes. At first I was a little apprehensive because I thought it was just a puppet show. But this guy is incredible! Here's a video so you can see some of his marionettes. It was really cool.
Tuesday night we went and saw Jigu! Thunder Drums of China.
Again, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was awesome! They had all different types and sizes of drums and it was amazing the music they were able to make. I really enjoyed the cultural experience, and an evening out with my hubby was a nice bonus! :-)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that marionette video was freaking amazing! what a fun show!
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat! I am going to look into going to something like that. :) XOXO
ReplyDelete