Wednesday, May 26, 2010

St. George Weekend

A couple weeks ago Chris & I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.  The time has gone by so fast!  Sometimes it seems like just yesterday we were getting married, but then other times I can't remember what life was like before marriage and it feels like we've always been together.
Since our anniversary was in the middle of the week, we decided to celebrate it 2 weekends ago with a short getaway down to St. George.  Thanks to Chris being a BYU employee, we got a steal-of-a-deal on a nice hotel for Saturday night!  We headed down Saturday morning and spent the day driving around town, seeing the temple, relaxing at the hotel, and enjoying the warm temperatures!
The main reason we had decided to go to St. George is that for my birthday last year, Chris got me tickets to see Brian Regan at Tuacahn!  We love his comedy and so it was really fun to go see him live.  The comedian who opened for him was really funny, so that was a good start to the night.  Once Brian came out, we laughed non-stop the whole rest of the show!  Seriously, we laughed so hard that it physically hurt... but it was totally worth it!  :-)  I can't wait for his new stuff to come out on CD so we can listen to it again.
We headed back to Provo on Sunday around noon so that Chris could get some studying in for his big test on Monday.  It was a quick trip, but it's always nice to get away together!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! We always try to do a little overnight getaway for our anniversary. Congrats on 3 years! I'll have to look up Brian Regan's new material. He's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I love Brian Regan. Richie got me tickets to see him in March for my birthday last year, and he is hilarious! And definitely still reminds me of Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you. I can't wait to hear you quoting his new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have a quick get away. It's amazing how even a short trip can have restorative and rejuvinating powers!

    ReplyDelete