At the end of August, Chris and I went down to St. George with our good friend Jeremy (a.k.a. Jer-Bear) and his g.f. Heather. We stayed with one of my long-time friends Mayne and his wife Jaylene. We had such a good time. Mayne & Jaylene were so nice to let all of us crash at their beautiful new house, make us food (including Jaylene's famous biscuits and gravy! Yum!!), take us shooting, and teach us the best/worst game in the world. The main reason for our trip was to see the musical Aida at the Tuacahn outdoor theater. It was AMAZING!! I'm a musical junkie, so anytime I have the chance to see one, I'm definitely in. Last summer Chris and Jer-Bear and I saw Les Mis there at Tuacahn, and I think that Aida was every bit as good!

Over Labor Day weekend, we got to attend one of my best friend/former roommate's wedding! Emily and Eric were sealed in the Draper Temple, and we got to be there! It was amazing and Emily looked so beautiful! We also got to spend the day with several of my other old roommates/friends at the sealing, luncheon, and reception. It was so much fun, and I realized how grateful I am to have these amazing people in my life. Thanks Em for inviting us, and thanks everyone else for sticking by Chris and I over the years. We love you guys!

The weekend before last, we made a quick trip up to Washington to be with Chris' family for his younger brother Ryker's birthday and baptism! We drove up Friday and then drove back Sunday night. It was a lot of driving, but we were so glad we got to be there! We got to see Ryker & Kassie's soccer games too, which was a bonus. The baptism was really great. Spencer gave an awesome talk on baptism and Chris gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost. The siblings (Jenn included) all sang the song The Holy Ghost for Ryker. We're definitely not the best singers, but we were glad that we got to be there and participate with Ryker on his special day! It was also really nice to get to see Grandparents and Aunt Teresa & Uncle Jeff too!
The last few weeks have gone by really fast for us, but we're looking forward to my parent's visit for General Conference this weekend, Fall in general (including the beautiful colors on the mountains here), more football, tournament games for Chris' softball team, etc. Hope everyone had a great end of the summer, and happy almost October! :-)
I've actually been waiting for pictures of your WA trip. I'm glad you posted, even without the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteAw, I'm grateful for you guys, too! After all, if it weren't for you guys, where would I stay when I come to visit Utah?! ;) Let's be honest, that's the only real reason I'm still friends with y'all. OK, that's not true because you are the greatest. I hope you guys come to visit me, soon! I'll email you the best weekends to come and visit. Loves!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteRoad trips are the best! Hope you enjoy Conference with your parents!
ReplyDeleteOH that sounds like so much fun! I love musicals too! Aida was super good, huh? I love that one! And I love you! I miss you bad!! XOXO
ReplyDelete