Saturday we went to Six Flags. We rode lots of roller coasters, played games, won new stuffed animals, and laughed basically all day long! We had drive-through Taco Bell for dinner and ate in our hotel room while watching a movie. What a perfect Valentine's Day! :-)

Sunday we went to the San Diego Zoo. We saw lots of cool animals and even a short show with a couple of sea lions. It was huge, but luckily I had tour-guide Chris to help me navigate my way around.
On our way home we stopped by the San Diego Temple. What a beautiful temple! I love how you can see it right along-side the freeway as you drive by! It's amazing how when you're on the grounds it still can feel so reverent and quiet even though it's right by the road. We even got to meet the Temple President and his wife and talk to a couple of the missionaries there.

We tried eating at a Korean BBQ place for dinner since there were tons of them around our hotel. Thanks to my brother-in-law who served a Korean speaking mission, I had tried some Korean food before and was able to at least recognize the names of a couple of the dishes. They cooked the meat right in the middle of the table, which was cool, and brought out lots of side dishes to go with the meals. Chris wasn't a big fan of the Korean food. :-(
Monday, we left early to head back to Utah, only to find that I-15 was closed going over the Pass. After sitting in traffic for over an hour, we exited the freeway to put chains on our tires so that we could go another way. As soon as we got the chains on, we discovered that I-15 was open again (of course!). We drove for a few miles and then decided that we didn't need the chains, so we pulled off the road again, removed the chains, and then started back towards home again. All in all, we lost about 2 hours and decided that California drivers definitely can't handle driving in the snow.
We made it home safe (obviously) and then needed a vacation from our vacation. Thanks to all the former Presidents that we honored last Monday! We loved our long weekend! :-)
Some of my favorite memories from BYU are California roadtrips. One actually with your hubby. If he hasn't already tell him to teach you how to play the tee game.
ReplyDeletei love the tee game!!!!
ReplyDeleteChris
I love last minute trips! Do it as often as you can because it only gets more complicated to do! (darn those kiddos and vacay-days)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love roller coasters, what a party. Happy V-Day to you.