Our time in Provo is drawing shorter and shorter. I've lived here for almost 8 years now and have never done some of the things that people say you "have to do" when living in or visiting Provo. I made a list at the beginning of the summer of things that I want to do, places I want to see etc. before leaving Provo (and/or Utah). Saturday we crossed one of those things off the list by visiting Timpanogos Caves. It was definitely not a trip for the faint of heart! The hike to the cave is 1 1/2 miles, uphill the whole way climbing just over 1,000 feet in elevation. We finally made it to the top and had a few minutes to rest and catch our breath before descending into the cold dark cave. It was really neat and we saw lots of cool cave formations. I took a few pictures, but naturally it never looks the same as seeing it in person.
The walk down from the cave was much easier and more enjoyable than the hike up, however it was much harder on our thighs. Needless to say, our legs got quite the workout! :-)
Next up... hiking the Y and eating at Bombay House! :-)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have never hiked the Y either!!! I'd love to hike it with you guys sometime!
ReplyDeleteMmm. I second the bombay house. You better go there twice to make sure you really do it right :).
ReplyDeleteI've never hiked the Y or Timp caves. but I did hike Timp itself once. :) Enjoy your Utah bucket list...I'm so happy there's a chance you'll end up closer to me!
The hike isn't that bad. You're going to hate the Y -- if that's the case.
ReplyDeleteBombay house -- definitely a favorite! Enjoy