Ok, I've been working on catching up my blog. I'm going to start posting one post each day until I'm caught up. This post I actually wrote a couple months ago right after I got home from being gone 2 weekends in a row, but I'm just now adding pictures. Here we go....
I was home this past weekend, but the 2 weekends before that I went out of town, just me. 3 weekends ago I made a trip down to Texas for the funeral of one of my best friends' mother. She was like a second mom to me growing up and she and her family have been part of my life as long as I can remember. She battled ovarian cancer for 10 months before passing away on June 29, 2011. While her death was not unexpected, it was still so surreal to hear of her passing. I'm so glad I was able to make the quick trip down there for her viewing and funeral. Even though we didn't really do anything, it made me feel better to be there to support my friend and her family in this challenging time. Her mother, to me, was the perfect example of love and service and kindness. She always went the extra mile to help others around her and I know I'm a better person for having had her in my life.
Then last weekend I went to Ohio for the annual Fogt family reunion. They have a gathering every year with my Grandma Mays' siblings and all of their children, grandchildren, etc. This was the first one since my grandma passed away, so we put together some boxes of her things to take and give away at the reunion. Everyone was so appreciative and there were so many sweet comments made about my grandma. I'm glad I was there to participate and be a part of her passing on some of her treasures to her family that she loved so much. I know she would've been pleased. It was also so much fun to see and spend time with my aunt, uncle and cousins on Saturday at breakfast and then for dessert Saturday night. I don't get to see them very often, but they really are some of my favorite people in the world. It's always a good time when we get together! Here are a few pictures of the weekend:
Although it was hard to be away from home and my hubby for 2 weekends in a row, I'm glad I got to be a part of both of those events. It makes for long weeks, but it was definitely worth it.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hooray for updates and pictures! Looking forward to hearing all about your summer.
ReplyDelete