It's been a while since my last post, so here are just a few things that we've been up to lately.
*Winter semester of school ended and Spring semester began. Chris had a grand total of 2 non-weekend days off between semesters which isn't much of a break, but it will have to do for now. He is taking organic chemistry during the spring. It's going to be a beast of a class, so we'll be doing lots of studying and praying for the next 8 weeks! (If anyone is a closet organic chemistry genius, please let us know... we need all the help we can get!) :-)
*While Chris is learning organic chemistry, I'm learning how to use my new camera. I made a list of goals/things that I want to accomplish during the spring and summer and learning how to use the manual settings on my camera is one of them. I've been doing lots of reading and practicing, which is fun!
*I got to practice taking lots of pictures last weekend when we went back to Texas for my mom's graduation. She just got her Masters in Social Work and we got to be there. It was an awesome weekend! I'll do a separate post on the events but for now I'm still sorting through all the pictures from my camera and my sisters camera. (Hint hint, MOM... I'm still waiting for your pictures!)
*We got all the carpets cleaned in our duplex for the first time in who-knows-how-long. They were super nasty, but feel much better now! It was a fun experience because we literally had every piece of furniture we own in our kitchen and the kitchen of the empty other half of the duplex.
*Chris also did a great job finding renters for the other half of our duplex. As the manager, the responsibility fell to him and he got to show it many many times and answer lots of questions before finding a really awesome couple to rent it to. We're so excited for them to move in next month!
*We wish we could say that we've been spending lots of time outside, but the weather has been really cold, wet, and nasty here. It hasn't been much of a spring and we're hoping that the warmer temperatures will come to stay sooner rather than later.
*Softball season is here again, and Chris is currently on a city league team with guys from his work and a BYU intermural men's team with friends. The games are going pretty well so far, but he's missed a few for our anniversary and being out of town and then some of the other games have been rained out. If we can get some decent weather for the next game, I'll take my camera out and get some pictures.
I think that about wraps it up for now. Hopefully the spring/summer have started off great for everyone!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you've been staying busy! How fun to be learning to use your cool camera. That's a great goal for the Spring/Summer. I am loathing this awful "spring" weather Utah is having too. Blah. It's never going to be warm again.
ReplyDeleteHUGE congrats to your mom on her degree too! That's so very exciting. My mom finished her masters 5 years ago and it was such a big accomplishment. Glad you guys could all go to be there to support her. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for all you did to get here and for ALL your support. Multitudinous prayers for Chris and Ochem. That's all the help I can give - I STINK at hard classes - as you know I took the easy stuff !! LYAYAC
ReplyDelete