Friday, May 27, 2011

Random Thoughts from Today

~*I'm listening to music at my desk at work today.  A song by Michael Buble came on, and I decided that that kind of old-timey/jazzy type of music reminds me of New York City.  I think it has something to do with the movie You've Got Mail (which I remember seeing in the theater with my sister - do you remember that, Kat?).  Although it's slow and so very predictable, I love that movie.  It almost makes me want to move to New York.  Almost.

~*I've always thought I had a black thumb.  However, Chris got me this plant for my desk at work, and I've managed to keep it alive for I think a year now. 
 Not that I'm now a master gardener or anything, but at least I know I can keep hearty potted plants alive sometimes! :-)

~*I have this complex deeply rooted in my soul that will not allow me to wear black and brown together.  I think the only time I've intentionally done it was when I had a sweater that my grandma bought me that was black and brown striped.  It was cute.  However, once I grew out of that, I can't seem to get over the fact that they just don't go together.  Black shoes - black belt - black purse.  Brown shoes - brown belt - brown purse.  It just makes sense!  Apparently there are some appropriate and fashionable ways to wear black and brown together, but I just can't do it.  My mother-in-law thinks it's hilarious how against it I am.  She even bought me boots at Christmas that were black and brown.  (I had to return them because they didn't fit, but I'll admit they were really cute.)  Therefore, she texts me when she wears black and brown together.  It always makes me laugh!  She loves my complex, and I love her texts! Bonding can happen in the strangest of ways! :-)

~*Speaking of moms... my mom passed her state licensing boards for social work today!  Congrats Mom!  She has worked so hard on getting her Masters and preparing for this test.  It's nice to see all her hard work pay off.  (Graduation post and more pictures coming, but here's a sneak peak...)
 I know she'll be a great help to many people.  As her daughter, I couldn't be prouder!  (Is prouder a word?  I'm her daughter, but clearly I didn't get her english/grammar skills!)

3 comments:

  1. And I'm prouder of you ! (In the same category as I love you MORE ). The plant looks great. Is there hope for me ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you friend--black and brown do not mix (where did we get this?!?).
    Dan likes wearing his black polo with brown belt and shoes and I can't handle it.
    And go your mom. hahahaha. I just can't not say "up top" now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember the movie You've Got Mail, but you probably already knew the answer to your question before you asked it... :)

    I am proud of your gardening skills. And just so you know, I have the same black/brown complex as you. Maybe it runs in the family.

    And though this next comment has nothing to do with your blog post but everything to do with mine, I'm sayin' it anyway. I wonder sometimes if Chad and I come from the same parents ;) I think his arm and my thigh look more similar size-wise, but as for color I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete