Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love decorating for Christmas, listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, etc. We decorated the house a few days after we got home from Thanksgiving and put up and decorated our little Christmas tree while we listened to Christmas music. Kassie and I made sugar cookies, which we discovered do not work in Utah! (Even the "no-fail" recipe from my mother-in-law failed. All the cookies spread and puffed out so you couldn't even tell what shapes they were supposed to be, which is why one of my neighbors told me that she only makes round sugar cookies. That way, no matter how much they spread they're still circles! lol) We still had fun making them though! :-)
Also to get in the Christmas spirit, we went to the Christmas Eclipse concert. Eclipse is an acapella group that we LOVE! Their Christmas cd is one of our favorites and we listen to it every year. They put on a Christmas concert in Salt Lake so we went with our friends Bridger & Stacy. It was so amazing! They sang some of our favorites and some new songs too; it was beautiful and it was fun to see them singing everything live! Afterwards we went to Temple Square and walked around to see the lights.
That is one thing that I know I will miss when we leave Utah.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you guys are doing well. I didn't know that about sugar cookies in UT. Temple Square is very much missed when it's far away. You guys look amazing as always. Miss you! XOXO
ReplyDeleteTemple square next year for sure - mark your calendar - better yet, mark MINE! Love, sandra
ReplyDeleteI love the lights on Temple Square. That is one thing I do miss.
ReplyDeletedear sandra, if new developments pan out temple square next christmas might be a plane ride away for you and us. we'll keep you posted
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I miss thee, Banjo Pants. When do we get to see each other again? XOXO
ReplyDelete