So, today was the first day in a really long time that I actually felt like blogging! I decided to jump on that and try to get caught up. It's been a nice break, but things are finally caught up at work and at home, so I'm ready to be up to date here as well. Here's a run-down of Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving this year was spent down in Texas with my family. It was warm and wonderful! We got into town on Tuesday afternoon and mom picked us up at the airport. We met my dad, sister, brother in law, and nephew at home where we got to have dinner and hang out. Chad was at work, but we got to visit with him later that night. Wednesday we played, did some last minute food shopping, and started cooking. One of our tastiest traditions at home is having pie for breakfast on Thanksgiving, so we got all of the pies made on Wednesday as well as the rice dressing, cornbread for the stuffing, and a few other things. Wednesday night we ordered pizza and had ourselves a party! Kate and one of her friends Herbert, and Amber, her hubby, and their 2 girls came over to eat and play. The 4 of us (Kate, Amber, Kat & me) have known each other our entire lives. It's so much fun having friends like them that have known you through all the stages of life thus far and still love you! :-) We always have a great time together too. Later that night Jason, Shelly & Mathias arrived to spend Thanksgiving with us! We're so glad they made the trek down from Norman even though it was a long drive and Shelly wasn't feeling well.
Thanksgiving day we had the traditional pie for breakfast and watched the parade. Mathais and Kaden played so well together! They were super cute following each other around the house, getting out all of the toys in the playroom, and usually doing a good job of sharing. We had our big meal for lunch and had a delicious spread! While eating we took turns sharing what we were thankful for. It was sad not having Grandpa Talbot with us this year. His presence at the table, in the kitchen, and in his usual chair was missed.
After stuffing ourselves silly, we watched and/or slept through all of the football games, worked on a puzzle, ate more food, and hung out.
Black Friday dawned early for the boys and mom & Kat as they all got up and went out after various pursuits at around 3:30 a.m. (I slept in, and it was fabulous!) The trips were successful and they all got almost everything they were after. I went out shopping a little later and got a few good deals. I think it was a good day for everyone! We came home and had lunch and then said goodbye to Jason, Shelly & Mathias who had to head home for Jason to work on Saturday morning. It was a short trip for them, but I'm so glad they came!
Saturday we went and saw the movie Tangled. It was such a cute movie! Then later that night we took some time going through a bunch of stuff from Grandpa Talbot. Lots of good memories!
Sunday we all went to church with Kat, Glen & Kaden and then came home for lunch. After lunch and packing we went to Maddie's baptism. I'm glad we were able to fit it in while we were in town. Congrats Maddie! As always, our time went by too quickly and we said our goodbyes to head back to Utah.
Here are a few pictures from the trip:
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As much as the word 'cherpumple' made me laugh each time I checked your blog, thanks for the update! I'm so glad I was able to see you over Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! I'm glad that you got to be with family. We all have so much to be grateful for. XOXO
ReplyDeleteWe LOVED having you here!! Funny, all I remember is buying a new tv (lol). mom
ReplyDelete