Sunday, August 16, 2009

Catching Up

We had a great trip to Texas & Ohio to see my family and celebrate Grandma Mays' 80th birthday! Chris & I flew down to Texas where we hung out with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and brother for a couple days. Then all 8 of us flew to Ohio to meet up with grandparents, aunt, uncle & cousins for a quick weekend celebration. Sunday afternoon all 8 of us flew back to Texas and then Chris & I flew back to Salt Lake the following morning. It was a lot of flying, lots of delayed flights and running through airports, but also lots of great memories and fun.
In Texas, we got to visit Amber and meet her new baby Brooke! We've been friends as long as I can remember, and it's fun to be able to go through the stages of life together.

In Ohio we had a great time being with family, and even got to ride in a PARTY BUS!!! hahaha! To celebrate Grandma's birthday we all got gussied up to have family pictures and a formal dinner. Grandma told us that we would be taking a Hummer Limo to the dinner, so we were really excited! When we pulled up to Grandpa & Grandma's house, however, this is what we saw...
... definitely not a Hummer! hahaha! There was a mis-communication and we ended up with the Party Bus instead of the Hummer. It was the hardest I've laughed in a long time!! The bus was complete with crushed red velvet seats, multi-colored tube lights, sparkling cider for everyone, and sweet early 90s rock music blaring from the speakers! :-) Needless to say we had a great time! Here's the whole group in front of the Party Bus at the end of the night.
Here are a few more pictures from our trip... (Sorry it's so small, but if you click on the picture it will get bigger.)



Thanks Mom & Dad and Grandpa & Grandma for making it all possible. We Love Y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. Why do I not have that pic of us with Amber? I don't see it on snapfish, so please send it to me! I'm so glad you included that picture of Kaden looking at Marilyn :) As a side note, Kaden's looking forward to the Astros' game on Thursday and keeps telling me that Aunt Jenn is coming too. Not sure where he got that from, but I think it's safe to say he misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the party bus. and I love your dress. So cute. Your cousins are huge. How did that happen? I mean, Kat and Glen just got married like 6 months ago and those kids just grew up in a flash. Oh wait...6 years...right.

    ReplyDelete