Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend!

It's amazing how time flies when you're having fun! We had a great trip up to Washington this past weekend to see Chris' family and attend the homecoming talk/party for his cousin Matt who just returned from a mission to Russia! We flew in Friday night after work (thanks Grandma & Grandpa Roundy!! It was so much quicker than driving!). Friday night we got to play games, chat, and enjoy family time.

Saturday was spent trying out the new boat that Chris' parents just got. We went out on the Snake River, which I was informed is usually about 5 degrees warmer than the Columbia River. However, there was NOTHING warm about the water to this Texas-girl. I'm pretty sure the temperature was somewhere around 65 degrees. I tried very hard not to fall off the tube, but of course I did get flipped once and took a breath-taking, bone-chilling plunge into the water. It was still really fun, and we even got to see Nate (family friend) land a 360 on the wakeboard! After boating, we hurried home to get cleaned up and then went over to Aunt Teresa & Uncle Jeff's house for a BBQ celebrating Mark's graduation from high school. We got to see Matt for the first time in 2 years and he looks exactly the same! There was tons of family there and we got to see some relatives that we hadn't seen since our wedding reception. Saturday night all the cousins came over to swim and we got to hang out and chat some more.

Sunday we all were up bright and early for church (which started at 8:30 a.m.!). We got to hear Matt's talk and it was really awesome! He even ended the talk with his testimony in Russian. I didn't understand a word, but it was still really fun to hear. After church, all the family got together for lunch at Aunt Teresa & Uncle Jeff's house again. I have no idea how Teresa was able to stay sane while having and feeding that many people at her house 2 days in a row, but it sure was fun! Then we went back to Chris' parents house for a much needed nap and then family time. The weather was beautiful and we got to enjoy it playing outside and swinging in the shade. Rounding out the weekend of family/missionary fun, was our Sunday night visit with Dan Adamson. He's another family friend (that's practically a brother) who just got home from his mission to Brazil last Friday. We stayed up way too late chatting, but it was great to hear about the fun experiences he had.

Monday morning came way too early as we headed to the airport to catch our 5:30 a.m. flight back to Utah and then went straight to work. Busy weekend, but lots of good family fun!

P.S. After talking with Spencer (Chris' brother), Nate, Matt & Dan, I'm putting a note out there for all good, cute, single, LDS girls.... We know 4 super cute, funny, nice, and awesome guys who are looking for a date! Give me a call and I'll hook you up! :-) hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun quick trip. And yes, flying to WA is WAYYYY faster than driving. I'm jealous you got to go boating! What a party. Hope you're enjoying being back at work--weekends like that always go by way too fast--but are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fun weekend! I miss Washington!!! And you know what else? I miss you too! :) Any of those guys older than 21 by chance? hahahaha We need to play soon! Love ya! XOXO

    ReplyDelete