Sunday, April 15, 2012

November - December 2011

This year for Thanksgiving, we drove up to Washington with Blake & Kassie and Mayzie. So that we could all ride together and have 4 wheel drive in case the roads got bad, Grandpa & Grandma Roundy rented us a big Ford Expedition to drive. I pretty much fell in love with it, and Chris loved that it had heated and cooled seats! (*Side note, Chris didn't know the seats could be cooled as well as heated and found it out when I turned his seat cooler on without him knowing. A few minutes later, he was squirming in his seat trying to figure out why his rear end was freezing! So hilarious!) We may need to get one someday! hahaha! We had a great trip though and arrived safely on Tuesday night.
We got there late Tuesday night and went right to sleep to rest up for the rest of the week. We had so much fun watching movies, playing games, working on a ridiculously hard puzzle, eating lots of food, and enjoying each other's company. We took a few family pictures and here are a few of my favorites:




 We left Sunday to drive back, and although it's always hard to leave, it wasn't super sad because we knew we'd be heading back up in a few days.

We got to go back to Washington the next weekend for Libby's baptism! It was such a special experience and we loved getting to be there to celebrate with her. She actually got to be baptized on her birthday which made it really special. The family went to (indoor water park) Thursday and Chris and I joined them Friday to celebrate. Everyone got to participate in the baptism (Chris gave a talk on baptism and I played the piano), and Libby looked beautiful in her pretty white dress. Libby,we're so glad you decided to follow the example of Jesus and be baptized. And we're SUPER glad that we got to be there! We love you!


Since we were going to be moving right after Christmas, we went up to Washington for Christmas as well this past year. I didn't get any pictures, but it was a nice get away in the middle of the packing craziness.  Plus, with everyone getting the flu last year, I felt like we'd been cheated out of our Washington Christmas. It was so fun to see all our family up there so often in a short period of time. I was super excited to go wedding dress shopping with Kassie and Mom. Kass looked beautiful in every dress and it made me so excited for her wedding day! I love getting to be a big sister and participate in these fun times!

Christmas morning we opened presents and then had a big breakfast. Some of our favorite gifts were from our sweet friend Claire who picked out a gift for everyone from her favorite store (the dollar store). They were such awesome gifts! They brightened our morning and made us laugh so hard!
Unfortunately we had to leave the next day to return to Provo and resume the moving preparations. It was a nice break and we're so glad we got to go.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I wish I could have been there for the seat cooling incident. Because I can totally see Chris squirming in his seat, and I can totally picture you laughing at him! Augh, I miss you guys!! Come back to WA sooooon!! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you've returned! ;-) I laughed out loud when I read about you turning the seat cooler on...I hadn't heard that one. Good one!

    ReplyDelete