Back in October, before the weather got cold, we went to Zion National Park for a quick weekend getaway. A lady I work with has a second home down in southern Utah that she offered to let Chris and I use for the weekend. We said YES! and decided to use the free lodging as a perfect opportunity to cross another item off our Utah bucket-list. We spent all day Saturday in the park doing several short/moderate hikes and loving the beautiful scenery! It was quite different than I thought it would be. I guess I was imagining that it was all going to look like St. George... blistering hot with red rock everywhere and no greenery in sight. I'm happy to admit I was wrong. We were pleasantly surprised by the variations in color among the peaks as well as the greenery along the river and the cooler temperatures. I don't know which hike was our favorite, but the views on our last hike, the Overlook Trail, were incredible! Here are some pictures
There's an arch you see driving along the road that is really neat
The overlook trail takes you up the back side of that to the top of that arch. Here we are at the top!
After the overlook hike, we took a scenic drive up to the Kolob Reservoir and then over to Lava Point Overlook. Another incredible view! The fall colors were really beautiful up that drive too.
That drive got a little long and it had been a long day. We were pretty tired by that point, so we picked up some pizza and went back to the house to watch the BYU game that we recorded (thank goodness for DVR)!
We love short weekend trips together!
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment