Just before we went down to St. George, Chris lost his glasses. His eyesight has been gradually getting worse, so while he barely ever wore his glasses when we first got married, now he needs to wear them in class or he can't read the board. Since we are in the throes of his last BYU semester and he needs to be able to see the board in all of his classes, we had to get him some new glasses. Not one to be left out, I decided to get myself a new pair of glasses too since I've been thinking about wearing them more frequently at work but I don't really like my old ones.
I took this picture myself at work, so it's not the best picture, but what do you think? I like them. They make me feel like a rebellious adult.... here's why:
I started wearing glasses in 2nd grade, so I've done the shopping for glasses thing many times. This dark, plastic style of frames has been around and somewhat in style for most of my glasses-shopping life (or at least as long as I can remember) and I think they're cute. I can remember a few times trying them on and wondering if I could pull them off. The first time (or two) I chickened out and ended up with my trusty old wire frames. Then one time later when shopping for glasses I thought I could finally do it, so I picked a few pairs to try on (one of which was this same dark, plastic style) when my mom told me that she didn't think I should get the dark ones because they detracted from my face. She said the dark frames were for people who didn't have a really pretty face and needed something to draw people's attention to their eyes (or something like that). While that was a compliment from her that she thought I had a really pretty face and didn't need the dark frames, I was bummed because I really wanted them! Now I'm a grown up, paying for my own eye wear... and I'm rebelling by buying and wearing the dark, plastic frames!! Hahaha! Love you Mom! :-)
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think they look awesome on you! It's fun to get new glasses. :)
ReplyDeleteTouche' !!! BTW you look fabulous! lyayac
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love you! Like I said before, I think they make you look smart. P.S. Love the earrings ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the glasses!! I'm totally bummed we never made it to the zoo. Hope all goes well with your move.
ReplyDelete