Today is my parents 32nd anniversary!
They are such amazing and wonderful people! I love the relationship that Chris and I have with them. We can laugh and joke around but also have serious discussions. They offer great parental advice, but also are really good at stepping back and letting us make our own decisions/mistakes and learn things for ourselves. I am so glad these two ended up together so I could have such awesome parents! I will be forever grateful for the gospel foundation they gave me and for the loving home they created for raising their children. Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!! Tomorrow is my in-laws 25th anniversary!
I have loved getting to know and being a part of such an amazing family the past few years! They are such great examples and I have learned so much from them. One of my favorite things about my mother in law (other than her fashion sense and decorator skills) are her quotable one-liner words of advice. They are always so fitting for the situation and lovingly remind me to "take time to notice all the little things" or to remember "moderation in all things." One of my favorite things about my father in law is the way he communicates with people. He is patient, calm and kind even when things aren't going right. He'll ask, "How is Jenn doing today?" and then wait for the answer. He listens intently when you talk to him and asks questions based on what you say. Talking to him makes you feel like at that moment you are the most important person in the room. I will also be eternally grateful for the wonderful job my in-laws did in raising Chris. He is righteous, strong, kind, loving, funny, helpful, thoughtful, and on and on and on. :-) I know that most (if not all) of the traits I love so much about him came from his wonderful parents and his strong foundation. Happy Anniversary you guys! We Love You!!

Congratulations Charles and LInda, we are blessed parents aren't we!!
ReplyDeleteWell Henn:O) those comments were well worth what I paid you!! (and my friends are probably snickering at the thought of me having any fashion or decorating sense:o)
And we love you too... the other Roundy boys(specially the blond one thats going bald, shhh) are scared their wives will never measure up :o) Thanks for setting such a high standard!
The WA Mom
Love this post! And yes, I'm jealous you thought of it...I remembered on the 26th that Mom and Dad's anniversary was the next day, and then completely forgot until yesterday (the 29th) when I wished them a very late 'Happy Anniversary.' Oops!
ReplyDelete