Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Some Days...

I pride myself on the fact that I'm not a really "girly" kind of girl.  I'd rather go hunting or watch sports than go shopping or bake.  I can't sew, decorate, or scrapbook to save my life.  But the older I get, the more I realize there are times when no matter how non-girly I think I am, it's inevitable that I am going to have some serious girl moments.  (Did that even make sense to anyone besides me??)

A couple weeks ago I had a day where the whole day was one of those moments.  For no good reason whatsoever, I was an emotional train-wreck.  I was grumpy, needy, whiny, tired, short-tempered, and on the verge of tears All Day Long!  It was disgusting! LOL  I especially hate it when I know that I'm being all of those things, but still can't seem to make myself stop.  I made it through 2 of my hubby's 3 softball games that night before deciding I couldn't handle any more.

Thanks to an awesome friend and an exceedingly kind and patient husband, I had: 
a gorgeous bouquet of flowers,

 a sappy chick-flick, 










  


Diet Dr. Pepper, 












and chocolate brownie ice cream waiting for me at home!  

Suddenly the sun was shining again, birds were chirping, flowers blooming, and happiness spread throughout the land. Hahaha!  Turns out, all I really needed was a comfy pair of sweats and some girl-time.

The next day the sun seemed to be shining on it's own without any help from ice cream, chick flicks or Dr. Pepper.  What a difference a day makes! :-)

5 comments:

  1. We all have days like that. Glad you were well taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to feel girly sometimes. I think the end result (ice cream, soda, movie, flowers) sounds worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understood your first paragraph. And could picture it. I liked Leap Year too. Mmm. Ice cream.
    I like girl days too. But I agree with how silly it feels when you know there's no good reason to be on the verge of tears and find yourself saying that as tears roll down your face. Sigh. Will there be hormones in heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too totally understand your first paragraph. How lucky you are to have a husband who knew exactly the treatment for what ailed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a really good friend:)

    ReplyDelete