Christmas Day was wonderful and relaxing. Santa was very generous to all of us this year and even made a few surprising and funny purchases! :-) Here are some of my favorite pictures from Christmas morning...
In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I have the cutest nephew in the world! It was so much fun to watch him open gifts and get excited about each of them. We had a great time leisurely opening first our stockings and then our gifts from under the tree. Kaden got a tricycle this year, so when we were all finished opening presents, the guys put it together for him to ride. His legs are still just a bit too short to reach the pedals, but he had fun walking it around the house or convincing any poor soul he could find (can you tell I was a sucker?) to push him around the house while he gave directions.
After our delicious meal of turkey, stuffing, rice dressing, and all the fixins, we took a much needed break and went to the park.
The next day Chris and I headed up to New Braunfels to see Grandma Elena, Andrea & Jun and their kids Jasmine, Alexis, and Nicholas. We hadn't seen them since our wedding, so it was nice to have some time to visit and catch up. Grandma Elena made us so much wonderful food and even taught Chris how to make a really good egg and potato tortilla (which I've already had him make again for us since we've been home!). We also did some shopping at the biggest outlet mall I've ever seen and then had a great dinner at Cracker Barrell, which is one of my favorites!
Our 2-day stop in New Braunfels was another benefit of us driving to Texas, as we had our own car and could easily take a detour to see family on our way to the Deer Lease for Hunting!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Such a cute little chicken!!! And love the hair, by the way :) Cute bangs!
ReplyDeleteI agree, you do have the cutest nephew! How fun to be an aunt. Thanks for the updates and pictures!
ReplyDeleteYep, you do have the cutest nephew in the whole world...and I'm not biased at all :)
ReplyDelete