Monday, January 4, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

We spent Thanksgiving this year on the Oregon coast with Chris' family. They rented an awesome house right on the beach. Although the beach in Oregon is much different from the beaches in Texas that I'm used to, it was beautiful and we had a great time!

On our way out to Lincoln City, we stopped and saw Multnomah Falls. It's a huge waterfall on the Columbia River. It was so pretty! We took some pictures and then walked up to the bridge that goes across the bottom of the waterfall. Chris' Mom stayed down at the bottom to take pictures of all of us on the bridge.

Of the 10+ photos she took, there are none where all of us are looking/smiling at the same time! :-) We're a photogenic family, what can I say?!

The first full day at the coast was really sunny and actually got to be quite warm. We went for a long walk down the beach and Kassie, Mom Roundy and I kept walking when everyone else turned back. We found some cool rocks to climb on and even met some people from Texas who recognized my Buck-ees shirt and took some pictures of the 3 of us.

We ended up walking about 5 miles. (We most definitely called someone to come pick us up though! There's no way we were going to walk all the way back! hahaha!) After lunch Spencer, Kassie, Chris' parents, and I went to see the new Twilight movie New Moon. It was awesome and I can't wait to see it again with my mom & sister over Christmas! Then we stopped by the outlet mall to get a preview of what stores they had and where we wanted to shop on Black Friday.

Thanksgiving it rained all day, which was ok because it's more of an indoor day anyways. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, ate, played games, did a puzzle, ate, watched movies, and ate some more! Yum!

The water at the coast was probably around 55 degrees. Chris told me that if I went all the way under the water that he would give me whatever I wanted for the whole rest of our trip. I figured that was too good of a deal to pass up! We went for a walk on the beach and I rolled my pant legs up to put my feet in the water. After getting my feet wet, I decided that it wasn't worth it and there was no way I could put more than my feet in that frigid water. I was telling Chris' mom just that when a sneaker wave came up behind us and knocked my feet out from under me. I was immediately soaked and freezing, crawling on my hands and knees to keep my head above water!

That night at midnight, the outlets opened with doorbuster deals for Black Friday. Dad Roundy, Spencer, Tucker, Kassie, Chris and I all stayed up and braved the crowds and lines to do a little shopping. Chris got the deal of the day though - $260 Nike sunglasses for $8.00! Can't beat outlet discounts plus Black Friday sales!

We spent the rest of our time on the coast playing on the beach, watching movies, playing games, shopping at the outlets and the other little shops, and just hanging out. Here is a collage of other pictures from the trip.

Despite some flight delays, we made it back safe from Thanksgiving and had a great time! (Sorry this post is so late, but I'm trying to catch up. See Tucker... I told you I would post some new pictures within 2 days! hahaha!) :-)

2 comments:

  1. Umm, you fell in the pacific in November?!? I occasionally as a child would choose to swim in the Pacific in august--when it was like 50 degrees outside and the water was still freezing, but November? That's insane. I can't even believe you waded. You totally deserved whatever you wanted all trip, even if your head didn't go all the way under! It was fun to see you. (Have I already said this on an earlier post? Oh well if I did)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for pictures, stories, and $8 sunglasses!! Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Hope your 2010 is going well and you've eased back into the swing of things. I'm sad I missed everyone at the Hanis's at the beginning of the month.

    ReplyDelete