Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Painting the Garage

We were (ok...I was) having a hard time figuring out where to start with putting things away and finding places for things in our new house.  The prospect of having Chris home and with no school for 3 weeks at the end of August was super exciting and I was trying to decide what to do first.  Finally we (ok... Chris) decided that we should start with the garage.  That way we could get everything organized out there, and we'd be able to park our cars in the garage, use our freezer, have places for all Chris' tools, etc.  Once we have space for all the garage stuff in the garage, we can get it out of the dining room, laundry room, upstairs and closets.  I'm hoping that having it all out there and having the other spaces free will inspire me to fill those spaces with things that should actually go there, therefore getting things put away and more organized! :-) 
We moved a bunch of stuff into the house, threw lots of things away, took everything off the walls (including all the weird shelves and hooks they had up), wiped away lots of spiderwebs and then painted the walls and ceilings a nice boring white color.  It makes the space look bigger and much much cleaner.  It looks awesome!  I love having my worker-bee hubby at home doing all this hard work!  Now on to the hard task of re-organizing and getting everything put away...

No comments:

Post a Comment