Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Downtown is Beautiful

After living in Utah for so long surrounded by majestic mountains, gorgeous rivers, winding canyons, etc. I wasn't expecting to think that downtown Houston was very nice to look at. I was wrong! It is a different kind of beauty, and I am really enjoying working here every day. I sit right across from a huge window overlooking part of downtown and have really enjoyed seeing the skyline, the trees, the clouds, the storms rolling in, the planes flying by, etc. There is so much energy here, and I enjoy feeling like a part of it as I drive in and out of the city and walk around at lunch time. With the help of some coworkers, I'm learning several of the good places to eat and starting to explore the tunnel system.
Downtown Houston has a network of underground tunnels that connect most of the buildings and parking garages. In these tunnels they also have lots of restaurants and shops. I can imagine that these tunnels are almost a necessity in the summer when it gets ridiculously hot. I think they're awesome and am excited to learn to navigate them better.
Although I'm not a huge fan of the traffic that makes the commute twice as long, I'm really liking everything else about working downtown so far and I LOVE my job!
Here's a picture I found online of what the outside of my building looks like:
And, I'm stealing someone else's photo here too, but here's a picture of part of the downtown Houston skyline:
Also, just for fun... my sweet hubby had these delivered to me at work the other day. They were so beautiful! I'm the luckiest lady to have him as mine! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of skylines in my travles, and all bias put aside, I believe Houston has a lovely one. It's pretty recognizable too. Glad work is going well and congrats on finding a house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be grateful enought that you and Chris are here! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and your eyes are definitely beautiful (have I made up for the chin remark yet? :)tee hee)

    ReplyDelete